Welcome to Year 3
Our class teacher is Mr.Clegg and our phase 3 teaching assistants are Mrs. Critchley & Mrs. Butterworth.
Our School Christian Value for this half term is Truthfulness.
Our core Christian Values are Trust, Respect, Friendship and Love.
Planners and Reading Books
- Planners will continue to be checked weekly, please make sure you sign each week when your child has read.
- Children will continue to change their own reading books when necessary. Please make sure the planner has been signed by an adult to say they have finished their book. Children can write in their planner to say they have finished the book but it must still be signed by an adult. Children are expected to read at least twice per week.
- As you are aware we now have access to the fantastic Bug Club which is an online reading resource. This is to be used alongside the guided reading scheme we already have in place. I would expect that children read 1 or 2 of these online books per week and complete the relevant comprehension questions by clicking on the bugs on each page. Should you have any problems accessing Bug Club please let me know.
- Please continue to sign your child’s planner when they have participated in reading of any kind at home.
- Projects this term will be linked with our Creative Curriculum topic of 'I Changed the World'.
Dance and PE
- Please remove earrings before children come to school on dance and PE days. If children cannot remove their earrings they will not be able to participate due to health and safety reasons.
- Dance will be on a Friday and PE on a Wednesday (swimming). Please make sure your child has their PE kit in school, jewellery is removed and all hair is tied back.
Here is our topic map for the current term.
Here is our long term plan for Year 3.
This is the year 3 welcome letter.
Here is a great website for all your topic needs, covering the complete primary curriculum. http://www.primaryhomeworkhelp.co.uk/